Sunday, September 19, 2010

Who is Synde


In between music posts I am going to do a series of interview discussions with my friend and fellow bookseller John.(Johnnie_cakes on twitter) We will talk about what we are reading, fan bookstore etiquette and also author signing etiquette. Fear not we will also talk about bookseller etiquette, as I am often made aware that not all booksellers care or are kind to authors. To start with I thought I would give you a little background on myself.

I was born in Los Angeles California.

I have had many many jobs, I have been a newsstand lead, lighting designer, roadie, production manager, stage manager, tarot card reader, astrologer, esoteric bookstore owner, vet tech, cat sitter,author wrangler, personal assistant, journalist, and most currently jeweler and bookseller. Whew!

I have been working in a brick and mortar store for the last 9 years as first the music department manager (8 of those years) and more recently retired and took a book job in same store. I love handing people books I'm passionate about, it's so rewarding.

I feel similarly about my jewelry designs. It is so very rewarding to create a piece that touches another person and helps their inner spirit shine a little bit brighter.

I have two cats and live in the Pacific Northwest, I read, write, create jewelry and search for the perfect cupcake.

Exciting isn't it?? Ha ha

Next up getting to know John.

No comments:

Post a Comment